Guidelines for Giving
Cooke County Electric Charitable Foundation (CCECF)
Applicant Guidelines for Distribution of the Cooke County Electric Cooperative Association Operation Round Up® Fund
The role of CCECF regarding the Cooke County Electric Cooperative Association Operation Round Up® Fund is to make the best use of the funds entrusted to the foundation.
The mission of Cooke County Electric Charitable Foundation is the accumulation and disbursement of funds for charitable purposes to benefit the members in the service area of Cooke County Electric Cooperative Association.
This shall be accomplished by disbursement of funds to individuals and organizations for public safety, health needs, self-sufficiency, basic human needs, and the cultural environment.
Grant applications will be reviewed using the following guidelines:
- There is an apparent need for the funding.
- There is an evident benefit to an individual, the community and/or nearby communities.
- For projects, there is a clear timeline for completion.
- The grant application fits the overall charitable purposes of Operation Round Up®.
Primary Areas of Consideration for Individuals
- An unforeseen event/condition has occurred (e.g. a special need caused by an event/condition that was neither expected nor intended)
- A special need for applicants who are:
- Suffering from a debilitating disease-as verified in writing by a medical doctor; or
- Disabled-as verified in writing by a medical doctor; or,
- Elderly-65 years of age or older as verified by identification.
Primary Areas of Consideration for Organizations/Agencies
- Public Safety
- Health Needs
- Basic Human Needs
- Cultural Environment
The Cooke County Electric Charitable Foundation Board of Directors is free to support, question or deny any request. If an individual is not selected for funding they may re-apply no sooner than 1 year.
Grant requests for organizations must be received by June 1st of each year. Board action will be taken on organizational requests on the 2nd Tuesday in July of each year.
Individuals’ grant requests will be considered as needed.
If an emergency need exists that is considered critical to health, safety or human welfare Cooke County Electric Charitable Foundation may consider an application request outside of this schedule.